The Nov. 2 conference will offer opportunities to engage and network with a host of leaders in health care and service, including
- Former Surgeon General Regina M. Benjamin, once the only doctor serving the impoverished fishing village in Bayou La Batre, Ala. She has since built a thriving clinic in the community.
- Dr. Robert Satcher, Jr., who has orbited the earth as an astronaut but also traveled the globe doing medical missions in underserved countries like Nicaragua, Venezuela, Nigeria, Burkina Faso, and Gabon.
- John McDonough, Professor of Public Health Practice at the Harvard School of Public Health and director of the new HSPH Center for Public Health Leadership. As the former executive director of Health Care for All and a former senior adviser on National Health Reform to the U.S. Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions, he played critical policy and advocacy roles in the creation of the Massachusetts health reform law and the Affordable Care Act.
- Dr. Camara Jones, a Senior Fellow at the Satcher Health Leadership Institute at Morehouse School of Medicine and a leading expert on health care disparities who has been featured in the groundbreaking documentary Unnatural Causes.
- Dr. Rishi Manchanda, a Schweitzer Fellow for Life and author of The Upstream Doctors: Medical Innovators Track Sickness to Its Source who is a prominent proponent of socially responsible healthcare.