Some Facts About our Fellows for Life (FFL)
The FFL Network of Schweitzer Fellowship alumni includes more than 2,000 physicians, nurses, lawyers, public health specialists, social workers, pharmacists, occupational therapists, and others in health related fields.
According to our most recent nationwide survey of Fellows for Life:
• 70% of FFL spend at least 75% of their total time in their current training and/or profession conducting clinical or human service, either in direct care or related activities such as teaching.
• 59% of their patients and clients, on average, are from underserved populations. However, 43% of FFL respondents work with clients and patients that are exclusively from underserved populations.
• 80% indicated that their Fellowship experience reaffirmed their commitment to pursue a career related to a life of service; 13% said it was crucial in their decision to do so.
• In the past year, 87% of respondents contributed to underserved populations outside of their regular work or training.
• 97% are at least “usually comfortable” in working with others from different backgrounds. 31% said that the Fellowship was “very influential” on their level of comfort, and 58% said it was “somewhat influential.”
• 99% said they would recommend the Fellowship to prospective applicants.
• 66% currently stay in touch with other FFL.
Where our Fellows for Life Live
Number of Fellows for Life by Current State of Residence