SCHWEITZER SUSTAINABILITY INITIATIVE APPLICATION
Before you prepare your application, you must meet complete the following steps:
- Review the Eligibility Criteria.
- Meet with the Fellow to determine the plans for sustaining the Schweitzer service project.
- If plans include an outside organization or club to sustain the project, a letter of intent needs to be obtained. For example, if a medical school interest group plans to continue the Schweitzer project, a letter stating their commitment needs to be provided. Please be specific regarding activities that will be conducted during the upcoming year and the monthly hours associated with each. The sustaining organization/group should be willing to commit to approximately 100 hours of service.
- Meet with the Fellow to determine a detailed budget of how the funds up to $1,000 will be spent, if application is approved. Keep in mind, funds can only be used to support project sustainability. If the need is less than $1,000 to sustain the project, please only apply for the dollar amount you actually require.
- Have the Fellow submit the preliminary plan along with the detailed budget for feedback from NC Albert Schweitzer Fellowship staff prior to formal submission of the application.
- Incorporate feedback into the application materials.